About Teresa Luttrell
I was born in Ireland and studied Fashion Design in Dublin and subsequently worked in costume design for many years.
I have had the very good fortune to visit and live in a number of different countries over the years. Traveling has influence my work in many ways.
When I lived in Australia for a number of years where I drew inspiration for my work from the rich and vibrant natural surroundings where I lived.
I enjoy creating landscape pictures, inspired by nature. It can be a challenge but worth the effort.
A lover of all things textile, I spend much of my time creating new pieces and exploring and developing new, different techniques including silk painting and machine and hand embroidery and often incorporates a technique using ‘wash-away’ material as a base to create a lace like effect.
Schools of Arts – Fashion Design
Experience / skills
- Textile Artist, 2010, self taught.
- Costume design in Television and film 1994 – 2011.
- Costume Designer for RTE (TV Ireland).
- Hat maker/designer, self employed, Dublin 1992 – 94.
Awards / Recognition
- Warranwood Art Show March 2015.
- Winner of Best Small Works “Through the Wood”
Judged By Kendrah Morgan,
of the Heide Museum of Modern Arts., Melbourne.
- Yarraglen Art Show March 2017 Best new comer award.
- Warranwood Art Show April 2017 Highly commended.